Create the PHP files
We’ll be using the free tool at JoomConnect.com which will present you with a form that needs completing. You’ll then get two files, one to track email opens and one to track links clicked, and also two URLs, one to track email opens and one to track links clicked.
- Enter two file names in to the first two text boxes of the form. These will be used to create the PHP files which will be uploaded to your website. Lets use mywelcomecampaign-clicks and mywelcomecampaign-opens.
- Enter the URL where these two PHP files will be found. If you are storing them on the root of your website then you would enter http://www.mywebsite.com
- Next enter the Integrator username and password that you created above.
- Enter your company name. This has to match the company name which you use on the Connectwise logon screen.
- Finally enter your connectwise server URL. We use the CW cloud servers in the EU so I’ll use that URL here.
- Click the Add URL button. You will be prompted for a URL. This is the URL that your email recipients will be sent to when they click on the link in your email. So in our case, I’m going to create an email asking people to click on a link to view our website. My target URL will be http://oakson.co.uk.
- Click Save Form to generate the files.
- Click on both of the download links. You’ll get two PHP files, one for tracking opens and one for tracking links. Make a note of the two URLs. Again, one is for tracking opens and one is for tracking link clicks.