So we now have our Extra Data Fields which allow us to mark which machines or locations we want to apply the template to. We now need to create a search which will return a list of all the machines that have the EDF field set OR which are in a Location which itself has that EDF set. For added measure, we want to exclude servers from the mix as those beasts rarely have a user sat in front of them.
- Click Search on the top, ever-so large, nav bar.
- Now we need to define our criteria. Here’s how I set mine up.
- To recreate this, click on the red And in the top left corner and choose Add Group. A new And operator will appear under that. Click that new one and choose Or from the menu.
- Underneath the Or operator is a line of blue text in square brackets. Click this and choose Computer > Location > Extra Data Field > Tab Name > Your EDF name.
- Click the + next to the Or operator and again click the blue line of text. This time choose Computer > Extra Data Field > Tab Name > Your EDF Name.
- Finally click the + next to the And operator and again click the blue text and choose Computer > OS > IsServer and change the green text to False.
- With your search criteria created enter a name in the text box at the bottom of the search screen and click Save.
- You can test this Search by clicking the Search button at the top of screen. If you have any devices or locations with the EDF already set they should show up.
Now, with the search done we can put it all in to a group and go and have a cake.