LibreNMS is a great network monitor tool with great alerting and graphing however one of it’s strong points is its inbuilt support for a large range of notifications. I use PushBullet notifications as I can receive these directly to all my devices and browsers in an instant. There’s a wide range of other notification types, including email, HipChat, Slack, BoxCar and a stack of others too.
- Sign up to PushBullet.
- Once you’re signed up and logged on, click on Settings > Account and then scroll down to Access Token.
- Request a token and copy it to your clipboard.
- In LibreNMS click on the cog in the top right corner and click Global Settings.
- Click on Alerting Settings
- Click on PushBullet. Paste your PushBullet code in to the box and click Test.
- Lastly, install the PushBullet app to your devices or install the extensions to your browsers. Watch as alerts pop up on your screen and your phone bleeps and rest assured that you’ll never sleep again 🙂